We recently finished a fabulous Office Makeover and had an Open House to show it off! Thanks to everyone who showed their support by coming to see our refurbished digs on April 8.
Special thanks to Tim Bellew for providing light food and drinks, board member Mike Ippoliti for his keen sense of interior design and Knoll, Inc. for donating some new furniture.
The Silver Ball, AIDS Law Project of Pennsylvania’s 25th Anniversary event, was a memorable evening thanks to the efforts of many people. About 200 people caught up with old friends or made new ones, shared great food and drink and turned their collective gaze upwards to witness a stunning ariel duet by two performers with Brian Sanders’ JUNK.
Thanks to everyone who made our 25th anniversary gala a smashing success!
We would particularly like to thank our sponsors for their generous support.
Whether you were able to join us or not, you’ll enjoy these photos of the evening.
Our 14th Annual Summer Movie Party was a great success thanks to our many friends and volunteers.
“With the generosity of our sponsors and supporters, the AIDS Law Project’s annual summer movie party was once again a home run!” said Executive Director Ronda B. Goldfein.
We’d especially like to thank the generous sponsors for the event: Joann Leszczynsky, Sam Gulino and Liam McAlpine, Mike Ippoliti, Avi Eden, Bryn and Jeff Michaels, Aaron Skrypski, John Whyte and Tom Wilson-Weinberg and Myra Brown.
The party would not have been possible without the hard work and donations of supporters, including Secret Cinema, Richard Barrios, Kim Silverman, the late Jaci Adams, Kenny Oh, Triumph Brewery Co., Flying Fish Brewing Co., Nuts To You and William Way LGBT Community Center and its amazing staff.
Bar AIDS Philadelphia, 2012
On Thursday, Sept. 27, 2012, Bar AIDS Philadelphia returned, with participating coffeehouses and bars donating a portion of the day’s proceeds to four local AIDS service organizations: ActionAIDS, the AIDS Law Project of Pennsylvania, Mazzoni Center and Philadelphia FIGHT.
For photos from Bar AIDS 2012, visit the official Philly Bar AIDS Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/BarAIDSPhiladelphia.
Thanks to everyone who made our 2012 Summer Movie Party another success, especially the following:
- William Way Center, for use of the facilities.
- Don Groff, for the donation from his travel book collection.
- Richard Barrios and the Secret Cinema, for this year’s film, “Sudden Fear!”
- Our sponsors, Philadelphia FIGHT, Mark Seaman, and Sam P. Gulino.
- Beer was graciously provided by Yards and by Philadelphia Brewing Co.
- Food was donated by Tootsie’s, Donna Cabella and Kim Silverman, Jose’s Mexican Food, 13th Street Pizza, Nina’s Kitchen, and Pasteleria El Payazo.
- And finally, cake and pretzels courtesy of Ralph Niglio.
Una Divina Noche was a smashing success! Thanks to everyone who attended on Cinco de Mayo 2012! For fast and easy viewing, check out the event photos at our Facebook page or a slideshow of the photos on our Vimeo page. To download the slideshow and save it to your desktop, click here.
Big thanks and kisses to our Planning Committee: the late Jaci Adams, Myra Brown, Courtenay R. Dunn, Esq., Mike Ippoliti, Joann Leszczynsky, Aretha Marshall and Kim Silverman and our sponsors:
- KNOLL, INC. for use of their fantastic space
- Donna Cabello
- Dish Catering (John Romano, proprietor)
- El Azteca Uno
- FitzPatrick Design
- flowers & garden by Annie Edwards
- Jose’s Mexican Food
- Las Lomas Grocery & Bakery
- Moore Brothers Wine Company
- Nina’s Kitchen
- Pasteleria El Payazo
- David Talento
- Tequilas Restaurant
- Tres Jalapeños
One Divine Night was a Divine Success! On Thursday, May 12, 2011 more than 100 friends and colleagues joined us for One Divine Night, a very special evening in support of the AIDS Law Project of Pennsylvania. Guests were treated to a rare peek at the George Pearson-designed mansion on Broad, formerly owned by Father Divine–founder of the Peace Mission Movement. WMMR’s Pierre Robert dazzled the crowd as Master of Ceremonies. Guests marveled at emotional and entertaining performances courtesy of the late Jaci Adams, George Bullock, Karen Von Say, and Finesse Ross – The Captivating Queens and King of Illusion (featured in the above photo).
Four-star food and delectable drinks were generously provided by Tim Bellew catering at FARE, Moore Brothers Wine Company and Flying Fish Brewing Company.
It truly was a night to remember at a place we won’t soon forget!
Thanks to all of our sponsors, friends and supporters for making the evening a wonderful success.
Archived Events (Photos)
- Bar AIDS 2010
- Summer Movie Party 2010
- Decades 2008 (featuring Philadelphia director Jonathan Demme and author-musician James McBride)
- Summer Movie Party 2008 (“Soul Hustler”)
- James McBride Benefit Concert at the Clef Club 2007
- Summer Movie Party 2007 (“Dino”)
- James McBride Benefit Concert at the Clef Club 2006
- Youth Event at the Clef Club 2006
- Summer Movie Party 2006 (“Easy Come, Easy Go”)
- James McBride Benefit Concert at the Clef Club 2005
- Youth Event at the Clef Club 2005
- Summer Movie Party 2005 (“The Day the Fish Came Out”)