Save the Date for the annual Summer Movie Party!
Our Summer Movie Party is set for Friday, August 17 at the William Way Community Center, 1315 Spruce St. in Center City Philadelphia. This year’s suspenseful selection is “Sudden Fear,” a 1952 film noir from director David Miller, starring Joan Crawford, Jack Palance and Gloria Grahame. “After an ambitious actor insinuates himself into the life of a wealthy middle-aged playwright and marries her, he plots with his mistress to murder her.” –IMDb. Doors open at 6 p.m. and the movie will begin at 7:30 p.m. The finest in food and drink will be available, as always, including beer donated by Yards Brewing. Admission is a minimum tax-deductible donation of $20 in advance and $25 at the door. Pre-paid reservations are recommended. For tickets, call the AIDS Law Project at 215-587-9377.
“Una Divina Noche” — A Smashing Success
Links to photos are below, but first — big thanks and kisses to:
- KNOLL, INC. for use of their fantastic space
- Donna Cabello
- Dish Catering (John Romano, proprietor)
- El Azteca Uno
- FitzPatrick Design
- flowers & garden by Annie Edwards
- Jose’s Mexican Food
- Las Lomas Grocery & Bakery
- Moore Brothers Wine Company
- Nina’s Kitchen
- Pasteleria El Payazo
- David Talento
- Tequilas Restaurant
- Tres Jalapeños
And our Planning Committee: Jaci Adams, Myra Brown, Courtenay R. Dunn, Esq., Mike Ippoliti, Joann Leszczynsky, Aretha Marshall and Kim Silverman.
Finally, thanks to everyone who attended on Cinco de Mayo 2012!
To download the slideshow and save it to your desktop, click here.
- One Divine Night 2011: Click here for photos of our first divine night.
- BarAIDS: Visit the official BarAIDS site here.
- Decades 2008: Click HERE to see a 3-minute show (with soundtrack) of pictures from the event, including candid shots of Philadelphia director Jonathan Demme and author-musician James McBride
One Divine Night 2011: Click here for photos and more.